The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free technique used to perform the critical first step in the LASIK procedure: creating the corneal flap. The creation of the corneal flap prepares the eye for the second step of the LASIK procedure where an excimer laser is used on the inner cornea to correct vision.
Providing the highest quality eyecare is the number one priority at Eye Physicians of Long Beach and our Optical Department upholds this standard with excellent customer service and great eyewear customized to fulfill the needs of each need of our patients. Whether you need contact lenses or eyeglasses, we offer a wide variety of the highest quality contact lens brands and eyewear for every one of our patients. The latest frames styles from designers such as Christian Dior, Gucci, Maui Jim, Nike, Silhouette and many more are available in our beautiful Optical Store.
Ask Us A Question
Not every patient is a qualified LASIK candidate. Our doctors only perform LASIK on the most qualified candidates and there are some requirements patients must meet prior to being considered for LASIK. Once these requirements have been met, a LASIK evaluation can be scheduled. The requirements are:
- Myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism or hyperopia
- Over the age of 21
- Vision has been stable for at least 2 years
- No eye problems (may still be a candidate if eye problems can be properly treated)
- No health issues that may affect the eyes
If you have met these requirements it is time to schedule a LASIK evaluation with our office so we can determine if you are a good candidate. Our doctors will perform a thorough evaluation of your eyes to make sure you are a strong candidate as each set of eyes is unique and it is important to have them examined by a board-certified ophthalmologist prior to having the LASIK procedure performed. Below you will find some of the tests performed during your LASIK evaluation:
- Complete review of overall eye health and systemic health
- Review of contact lens and eye glass history
- Measurement of global corneal thickness, not just one spot
- Measurement of vision and prescription for refractive errors
- Comprehensive exam to rule out other eye conditions
- Custom LASIK measurement for higher order aberrations
- Placido disk based Corneal Topography of the entire front surface
- Pentacam to evaluate the back portion of the cornea
- Measurement of pupil size using an infrared pupillometer
- Dilation of the eye to view the retina
- Dry eye test
After our doctors have completed the LASIK evaluation, they will be able to determine if you are a strong LASIK candidate. If for some reason you are not a strong LASIK candidate, recommendations for other vision correction may be made. Eye Physicians of Long Beach was established 30 years ago and has helped over 60,000 patients. If you are not a candidate for LASIK there are a number of alternative vision correction procedures that are offered at Eye Physicians of Long Beach. If you are interested in learning more about LASIK or any of our other procedures please call 562-421-2757562-421-2757.